"Communing With God"
What can you do to feel closer to God?
Jesus went into the wilderness to be with God in order to prepare to do His work. There are times in our lives when we too need to make an extra effort to be close to God.
Tip: During your hard moments, when you feel distant from God, or find it difficult to feel His love and concern for you, a list of actions you can take may provide a catalyst to move forward and feel the closeness of the Spirit once again.
Tip: Your list may include items such as:
- Write in my journal.
- Read my journal,
- Go for a walk/hike.
- Find someone to serve.
- Draw/paint something peaceful.
- Listen to Mormon Radio
- Take a deep breath and remember
- Spend 20 minutes on your knees in prayer
- Listen to uplifting music.
- Dance, do yoga, go for a run
- Make a list of things you are grateful for
- Read a favorite scripture
- Browse through your scriptures to see favorite verses you marked.
Tip: Be creative. Be prayerful. Keep your list somewhere where you can get to it when it's needed.