Because She Sacrificed Artwork
This is a digital download
A note from the artist
“cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones.” Jeffrey R. Holland
As a new mother, I didn’t think I was even close to being adequate to raise my newborn son. Trying to have a bonding relationship was hard. I often became too impatient and angry with myself as I tried to soothe my crying baby. It felt like my struggles were stronger than my promised joys and blessings. The times I felt joy and love for my child was after he had fallen asleep.
I was a lot more emotionally strong after a year had passed and my relationship with my baby had grown a lot. As I started to look back on the past year through the videos and pictures I had taken, I suddenly realized that I loved my baby through every moment. I fed him several times in the middle of the night, got up early to take care of him despite the sleep deprivation, explored the world with him like it was the first time for both of us, all because I loved him.
I never wanted to forget how much both of us grew that year and wanted a reminder that there are blessings during difficult times, because I am a mother. I started drawing a portrait of my son sleeping. I took a break from it for a while but after my second child was born, I was reminded of how important this was for me to finish. I picked up my pencil and finally finished my artwork titled “because she sacrificed”.
My son, now a three year old, brings me so much joy. I love creating memories and helping him discover new things. It is only because I sacrificed that I get to experience these unique joys of being a mother.
This download comes with an 8.5 x 11 PDF and an 8.5 x 11 PNG
- Print lots of copies to share with your family, friends, neighbors, church members etc.
- Share digitally by linking back to this product page on gospelhomestudypackets.com
- Share or sell these files in any way (email, social media, website etc.)
- Print and sell these files
· The products offered by GospelHomeStudyPackets (GHSP) are neither made, provided, approved nor endorsed by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Any content or opinions expressed, implied or included in or with the goods offered by GHSP are solely those of GHSP and not those of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.