- Gospel Principles
- The Atonement Helps Us Escape the Pit of Weakness, Sin and Temptation
The Atonement Helps Us Escape the Pit of Weakness, Sin and Temptation
Spiritual experiences, even miraculous ones, do not exempt us from temptations that are “common to man” The Atonement can help us overcome our weaknesses, sin and temptations.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
What kinds of “escape” from temptation has Heavenly Father provided for you?
Tell the scenarios of children facing different temptations. When discussing each temptation, place the girl or boy figure into the hole, (temptation.) Ask a family member or class member to think of a way Heavenly Father provided for an escape from that temptation. As he or she describes a possible way to escape, let him or her choose an item (helicopter, rope, vine, etc) to represent the escape and help the child out of the hole.
- Print lots of copies to share with your family, friends, neighbors, church members etc.
- Share digitally by linking back to this product page on gospelhomestudypackets.com
- Share or sell these files in any way (email, social media, website etc.)
- Print and sell these files
· The products offered by GospelHomeStudyPackets (GHSP) are neither made, provided, approved nor endorsed by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Any content or opinions expressed, implied or included in or with the goods offered by GHSP are solely those of GHSP and not those of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
· Come, Follow Me is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.