And They Mocked Him: Being Kind Even When It's Hard
This is a digital download
This activity reviews some of the cruel things people did to Jesus in the hours before he was crucified. Place the picture of Christ on the Cross in the front of the room. Hand out the 6 stones to family or class members. Have each person read what is on the stone and place it around the picture of Christ. Discuss each stone as it is being placed. How must have Jesus felt while he was being treated so poorly? Have we ever been treated that way? How did we feel? Do we ever treat others that way? What are some examples of how we might be unkind to others?
Next, hand out the 6 hearts. Have each person read what is on the heart and choose a stone to cover with the heart. The heart represents ways in which Christ acted with love and kindness even when it was hard. Discuss each heart and ask how the people around Jesus must have felt when he responded with kindness. How do we feel knowing Jesus is ready and willing to treat us with such kindness even when we do something wrong. How can we follow Jesus’s example and show kindness when others around us are being unkind?
We have included two options for the picture of Christ, or you may want to choose your own picture.
- Print lots of copies to share with your family, friends, neighbors, church members etc.
- Share digitally by linking back to this product page on gospelhomestudypackets.com
- Share or sell these files in any way (email, social media, website etc.)
- Print and sell these files
· The products offered by GospelHomeStudyPackets (GHSP) are neither made, provided, approved nor endorsed by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Any content or opinions expressed, implied or included in or with the goods offered by GHSP are solely those of GHSP and not those of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
· Come, Follow Me is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.