Luke 15: The Prodigal Son
This is a digital download
Explain that Christ shared a story to help teach some important things about a person who becomes “lost” and the joy that is felt when he is found.
Use the story cards to tell the story. Two versions are included. One uses the words directly from the scriptures. The other is a simpler version. Choose the one that best fits your needs.
Hand out a card to each family/class member. Have them read their card when it’s their turn. (Non readers can use the pictures as a prompt.)
After all the cards have been read, let each family member tell in their own words how they feel about the events that happened on their card.
Ask how we can be like the father in this story when we have loved ones who are lost? What can we learn from the older son’s experience that can help us be more Christlike? In what ways is the father in this parable like our Heavenly Father? How is this parable similar to the Lost Sheep? How do both parables help us know more about Heavenly Father’s love for each one of us.
To save on ink, consider printing 4 pages to one page.
- Print lots of copies to share with your family, friends, neighbors, church members etc.
- Share digitally by linking back to this product page on gospelhomestudypackets.com
- Share or sell these files in any way (email, social media, website etc.)
- Print and sell these files
· The products offered by GospelHomeStudyPackets (GHSP) are neither made, provided, approved nor endorsed by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Any content or opinions expressed, implied or included in or with the goods offered by GHSP are solely those of GHSP and not those of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
· Come, Follow Me is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.