Parable of The Lost Sheep Activity
This is a digital download.
Tell your children or class that you have hidden 10 sheep around the room/class/home/building/yard. See if they can find all of them. The first few are easily found, the next take some effort, and the last one, number 10 is no where in sight. Pretend that you are looking too and that you feel sad that it is lost. After an “exhaustive” search, just give up and determine to do the lesson without that last sheep.
Ask one of your children to open their scriptures (or yours) to Luke 15. There, tucked in the pages is that last sheep, number 10. Everyone in the family will probably feel relief and joy that they found the last one. Does that mean the other 9 are less wanted, less cared for? No, it’s just that finding the last one makes everyone feel complete, finished, whole and perfect. Thus it is with the Savior. When he finds the lost sheep of His fold, he rejoices, and so do we! Not because we love anyone more than anyone else, but because we are closer to feeling complete, finished, and whole. Remember, that Christ is our finisher, he heals our broken parts, makes us whole and perfect. And we rejoice to be among those being found by him.
- Print lots of copies to share with your family, friends, neighbors, church members etc.
- Share digitally by linking back to this product page on gospelhomestudypackets.com
- Share or sell these files in any way (email, social media, website etc.)
- Print and sell these files
· The products offered by GospelHomeStudyPackets (GHSP) are neither made, provided, approved nor endorsed by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Any content or opinions expressed, implied or included in or with the goods offered by GHSP are solely those of GHSP and not those of Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
· Come, Follow Me is a resource offered by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It is designed to be used in the home to support personal and family scripture study to build faith in Heavenly Father and His plan of salvation and in the Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Come, Follow Me is self-contained and adequate, when used properly. Products and materials designed to supplement this resource, though they may be helpful in some instances, are not necessary for a successful home study program.